The Book of Micah
The Book of Micah
By Richard St.James
Bible 1611.Com / Old Paths Baptist Mission © 2014
2 Peter 1:21 “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
Prophecy involves future things … in future events.
Prophecy is a foretelling; a prediction; a declaration of something to come.
History is the record of the fulfillment prophecy.
Bible “prophecy” came not “by the will of man”.
Man’s “will” was not involved at all.
Bible prophecy came by the Holy Ghost WHO is GOD.
God “moved” certain men to speak certain words that are God’s words in “old time”.
• God’s words that “holy men” “spake” “in old time” are preserved … for all time.
• God’s words are kept.
• God keeps them. Man does not keep them. The scholars do not keep them.
• God preserves them … in spite of the scholars. This is a direct promise of God.
This promise is found for all generations of men forevermore to see in Psalms twelve: “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” [Psalm 12:6-7]
Do you see what I see?
• The words of the Lord are pure words.
• The words of the Lord are purified seven times. This promise literally extends [in the English language] to all of US [the English-speaking nations on this Earth today].
Now, the seven purifications [or the translations] into the English for the English-speaking nations on this Earth are these:
• The Tyndale’s New Testament … in 1526.
• The Coverdale’s Bible … in 1535
• The Matthews’ Bible … in 1537
• The Great Bible … in 1539
• The Geneva Bible … in 1560
• The Bishops Bible … in 1568
• The King James Bible … in 1611
This seventh book represents a purified BOOK, and is the word of God in the English language.
Therefore, we have this promise from God that God actively maintained the “pure words” of God.
We have therefore, in the Authorized Version of 1611 [A.V. 1611] Bible … the “settled” words of God: “For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.” [Psalm 119:89]
The A.V. 1611 King James Bible,
or any of its editions [1613, 1644, 1676, 1680,
1701, 1769], is the settled forever. Amen!
Micah is a prophet.
Micah is a holy man.
Micah is a Jewish holy man.
Micah “spake as” he was “moved by the Holy Ghost.”
We are ready for chapter one.
2. The Witness Against Us Micah 1:
4. The Rotten Apple Micah 1:4-5
5. You Reap … What You Sow Micah 1:6-8
6. The Ax Man Cometh Or The Point of No Return Micah 1:9-12
8. Devising Iniquity Micah 2:1-2
10.God's Affairs Among Men Micah 2:5-7
11.The Polluted Nest Micah 2:8-10
12.The Assembler and the Breaker Micah 2:11-13
13. Good for the Sewer Micah 3:1-4
14.The Day of Night Micah 3:5-6
15.The Great Spiritual Lockdown Micah 3:7
16.The True Prophet and True Preacher Micah 3:8
17.Plowed As A Field Micah 3:9-12
18.The Establishment Micah 4:1
19.The Restitution of All Things Micah 4:2
20.They Shall Beat Their Swords Into Plowshares Micah 4:3
21.The New World Order Micah 4:4-5
22.The Kingdom Shall Come To Her Micah 4:6-8
23.All Eyes Upon Zion Micah 4:9-11
24.Iron and Brass Micah 4:12-13
26.Little Is Much When God Is In It! Micah 5:2
27.The Future Things Micah 5:3-6
28.The Remnant of Jacob Micah 5:7-9
31.Gum in Your Ears Or Gummed Up Works Micah 6:1-3
34.Not Yours, But You! Micah 6:6-8
35.For Crying Out Loud Micah 6:9
36.Weighed in the Balances Micah 6:10-12
37.The Perpetual Hissing Micah 6:13-16
39.The Perplexity In The Land Micah 7:2-4
40.The Day of Dishonor Micah 7:5-6
42.The Indignation of the Lord Micah 7:9-10
44.Manna From Heaven Micah 7:14-15
45.Licking The Dust Micah 7:16-17